TayaGel® HA (high acyl gellan gum) is a bio-based, naturally occuring gelling, suspending and stabilising agent with extraordinary and useful properties. At very low concentration, it exhibits high stabilising and suspending properties with high pseudoplastic solutions. Full hydration will be obtained by heating to 85 °C – 95 °C; upon cooling TayaGel® HA solutions will form soft, elastic and flexible gels with remarkable low tendency to syneresis. These gels do not show a thermal hysteresis, i.e. they set and melt at the same temperature between 70 °C and 80 °C.
TayaGel® HA is used as extremely efficient stabilising and suspending agent, providing a smooth fluid gel structure, even at concentrations between 0.02 – 0.05%. It is mainly used as stabiliser in dairy and dairy alternative beverages, but also for pulp stabilisation in fruit drinks. With its special soft gelling properties at higher concentration, additional applications are in confectionary products, jams or fruit preparations, puddings, pie fillings, icings or frostings, and dairy products such as milk drinks, ice cream and yoghurt. TayaGel® HA-D with special emphasis on dairy applications offers the best choice to create excellent stabilised products.
Jungbunzlauer offers two types of TayaGel®.
- TayaGel® HA: high acyl gellan gum, food grade
- TayaGel® HA-D: high acyl gellan gum for dairy application, food grade
Standard packaging for Jungbunzlauer TayaGel® is a 20 kg net polyethylene-lined, corrugated cardboard box.
Specifications are available upon request.
- High stabilising and suspending properties
- High viscosity at very low concentration
- Soluble in hot water (full hydration at 85-95 °C)
- Swelling in cold water, adjustable by sodium content
- High pseudoplasticity (shear-thinning)
- Soft, elastic and non-brittle gels after heating
- Gels with no thermal hysteresis (setting and melting temperature between 70 and 80 °C)
- Gels with no syneresis
- HTST/UHT processible
- Compatible with all commercial thickeners and stabilisers
- Resistant in pH ranges between pH 3-13
In Europe, gellan gum is listed as generally permitted food additive (E 418) and may be added to all foodstuffs, following the “quantum satis“ principle, as long as no special regulation restricts the use (cf. Regulation (EC) No 1333/2008).
In the USA the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has affirmed gellan gum as food additive permitted for direct addition to food for human consumption in accordance with 21 CFR § 172.665.
Being a polymer, gellan gum is exempted from REACH registration. Also, no monomer registration is required for this substance.
Jungbunzlauer offers a broad variety of high quality products. Get the best matches for your application: