TayaGel® HA (high acyl gellan gum) is a bio-based occuring gelling, suspending and stabilising agent with extraordinary and useful properties. At very low concentration, it exhibits high stabilising and suspending properties with high pseudoplastic solutions. Full hydration will be obtained by heating to 85 °C – 95 °C; upon cooling TayaGel® HA solutions will form soft, elastic and flexible gels with remarkable low tendency to syneresis. These gels do not show a thermal hysteresis, i.e. they set and melt at the same temperature between 70 °C and 80 °C.
TayaGel® HA is used as extremely efficient stabilising and suspending agent, providing a smooth fluid gel structure, even at concentrations between 0.02 – 0.05%. It is mainly used as stabiliser in dairy and dairy alternative beverages, but also for pulp stabilisation in fruit drinks. With its special soft gelling properties at higher concentration, additional applications are in confectionary products, jams or fruit preparations, puddings, pie fillings, icings or frostings, and dairy products such as milk drinks, ice cream and yoghurt. TayaGel® HA-D with special emphasis on dairy applications offers the best choice to create excellent stabilised products.
Jungbunzlauer offers two types of TayaGel®.
- TayaGel® HA: high acyl gellan gum, food grade
- TayaGel® HA-D: high acyl gellan gum for dairy application, food grade
Standard packaging for Jungbunzlauer TayaGel® is a 20 kg net polyethylene-lined, corrugated cardboard box.
Specifications are available upon request.
- High stabilising and suspending properties
- High viscosity at very low concentration
- Soluble in hot water (full hydration at 85-95 °C)
- Swelling in cold water, adjustable by sodium content
- High pseudoplasticity (shear-thinning)
- Soft, elastic and non-brittle gels after heating
- Gels with no thermal hysteresis (setting and melting temperature between 70 and 80 °C)
- Gels with no syneresis
- HTST/UHT processible
- Compatible with all commercial thickeners and stabilisers
- Resistant in pH ranges between pH 3-13
- Dairy (TayaGel® HA-D only)
- Dairy Alternatives
- Desserts, Ice Cream
- Fruit Preparations, Sweet Spreads
- Sauces, Dressings, Seasonings
- Soy Products
- Fire protection
In 1988, Gellan Gum was initially used as natural food additive in Japan. It is approved for use in the US and the European Union and is registered as E418. Many countries have set specific rules concerning the use of food additives. We therefore advise to carefully investigate them before the use of Gellan Gum in your application.