From nature to ingredients®
Jungbunzlauer is one of the world’s leading producers of natural and nature-identical ingredients. The Group operates manufacturing plants in Austria, Canada, France and Germany and specializes in high quality ingredients for the food, beverage, pharmaceutical and cosmetic industry as well as for various other industrial applications.
Jungbunzlauer is a successful family-owned company. Passion for our products and a very good understanding of the needs of our customers are key factors to our business. Lean structures, flat hierarchies make us "Better, Faster, Closer." than our competitors and enable us to grow within fast changing markets
For our Production Plant in Port Colborne, Canada, we are looking for a
- Oversee design and implementation of mechanical HVAC, piping, plumbing and fire protection for an industrial plant and processes
- Produce and update various mechanical drawings on piping distribution systems, HVAC, fire protection, equipment layouts
- Coordinate designs internally with project teams and externally with engineering consultants, architects, contractors etc. for the duration of projects
- Oversee the quality of engineering documentation, equipment and installation related to detailed design and engineering of industrial mechanical systems
- Quantify the major capital equipment, balance of plant and other material items required to implement projects including equipment selection and procurement
- Providing technical and financial evaluation of capital projects
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ensure Safety compliance - as per industry standards
- Supporting other departments in growing the business
- Degree in Engineering and or P. Eng. Designation preferred
- 5+ years experience in Engineering in an industrial manufacturing setting –
- such as Pulp & Paper / Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals / Food etc.
- Experience with large centralized chilled water systems, steam, and high pressure systems (i.e. Cogeneration experience)
- Strong background in mechanical design to swiftly evaluate engineering calculations and designs
- Project management of capital projects ($0.5MM to $1.0MM)
- Experience in construction including providing direction and overseeing contractors on site
Reporting to the Engineering Manager the job holder is responsible for the completion of the mechanical portion of capital and refurbishment projects through the use of outside contractors. He/she is a member of the Leadership Team being responsible for the safety and technical operations of the outside mechanical contractors. Effective cost control and delivering projects on time as well as contributing to the establishment and maintenance of a safe workplace will contribute to the success of the company.
Qualified candidates may forward their resume, including salary expectations to:
HR Coordinator, Jungbunzlauer Canada Inc., 1555 Elm Street, Port Colborne ON L3K 5V5.
Fax: 905-835-0061, e-mail: hrpocjungbunzlauer.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Previous applicants need not apply.