Consumer consciousness is on the rise. We are focusing more on our health and well-being. Habits and expectations continue to evolve and beverages are more than just refreshment. They need to offer benefits that reflect personal lifestyles.
Health concepts are used for the promotion of market products by showcasing health benefits and functional ingredients. Jungbunzlauer´s highly bioavailable mineral salts offer various benefits to human health like support for hydration, immunity, fatigue reduction or heart health. Mineral fortification adds value to beverage products and can support health concepts.
Aloe vera drink – Immune boost with zinc gluconate
- Mineral fortification with zinc gluconate to support immunity claim
- Natural acidification with citric acid
- Natural sweetening with ERYLITE®
Coconut water drink – Hydration with potassium and zinc
- Mineral fortification with tripotassium citrate and zinc citrate
- Natural acidification with citric acid and lactic acid
- Sweetening with ERYLITE®
Beverage powder – Magnesium for sleep support
A lot of new trends come along with the ongoing trend of healthy lifestyle beverages. Besides vegan alternatives for milk based drinks also the choice of proteins is getting more important. Another important trend is the demand for fermented drinks to improve gut health and overall well-being. Jungbunzlauer offers solutions for stabilising proteins in beverages, reducing sugar and fortification with minerals without compromising on taste.
Kombucha – Balanced taste with organic acids, mineral fortified and sugar free
- Jungbunzlauer acids for balanced taste
- Sugar free version with ERYLITE®
- Mineral fortification with magnesium lactate and zinc gluconate
Fruity oat drink – TayaGel® HA in low pH protein drinks
- Stabilising performance of TayaGel® HA (high acyl gellan gum) in combination with pectin at acidic pH
- Calcium fortification with tricalcium citrate
Insect protein shake – Jungbunzlauer ingredients in innovative formulations
Many beverages nowadays contain functional ingredients like proteins or sweeteners to improve the health aspects, reduce calories or claim certain benefits. These ingredients have a positive perception and might influence the buying behaviour. However, functional ingredients often come with an unbalanced taste profile or unwanted off-tastes. Jungbunzlauer offers different solutions to reduce these impacts.
Jungbunzlauer has performed an online survey to get better insights on the knowledge, preferences and expectations of consumers in regards of mineral fortification in beverages.
Consumers are getting more conscious about a healthier diet. This includes also the fortification of beverages and health benefits served by minerals. Calcium, magnesium and zinc are among the most important minerals for consumers. Jungbunzlauer has looked more into detail on consumer’s perception, preferences and knowledge.
Discover more and see our product range.
and learn more about our delicious solutions for healthy lifestyle beverages.
- Article: Consumer study about mineral perception
- Flyer: Healthy Lifestlye Beverages
- Recipe Card: Aloe vera drink EU
- Recipe Card: Aloe vera drink US
- Recipe Card: Coconut water beverage EU
- Recipe Card: Coconut water beverage US
- Recipe Card: Coconut water beverage with magnesium lactate US
- Recipe Card: Fruity oat drink
- Recipe Card: Instant insect protein shake EU
- Recipe Card: Instant insect protein shake US
- Recipe Card: Mineral fortified ginger kombucha
- Recipe Card: Sleep support beverage powder
- Recipe Card: Sugar-free kombucha
For questions or support please contact us here.
Feel free to share this information: