The GLUCOSET® product range is a series of products especially designed for the gypsum industry based on gluconates and tartaric acid. GLUCOSET® products can substitute the standard set retarder product in gypsum plaster, natural tartaric acid. Natural tartaric acid is prone to strong price fluctuation year on year. Our gluconates-based GLUCOSET® retarders offer a reliable performance in retarding for gypsum as well as a significant cost saving compared to tartaric acid.
In order to offer the optimum products for every dry mix gypsum application based on natural and synthetic gypsum, we provide a range of products:
- GLUCOSET® G series is based on micronised (< 60 µm) glucono-delta-lactone, blended with or without tartaric acid
- GLUCOSET® S series is based on specially milled (< 300 µm) sodium gluconate with or without tartaric acid
Jungbunzlauer offers application support to select the right GLUCOSET® product at the right concentration based on our experience in extensive lab and application tests.
GLUCOSET® by Jungbunzlauer is a new offering to the construction industry which enables our customers a cost saving and well as a price stabilisation option compared to tartaric acid.
Jungbunzlauer offers a wide range of different GLUCOSET® types.
- GLUCOSET® G60: Glucono-delta-Lactone, micronised (< 63 µm)
- GLUCOSET® S300: Sodium Gluconate, special granaulation (< 300 µm)
Partial replacement of tartaric acid:
- GLUCOSET® GT60 A : Blend of Glucono-delta-lactone and tartaric acid, micronised (< 63 µm)
- GLUCOSET® ST300 A: Blend of Sodium gluconate and tartaric acid, special granulation (< 300 µm)
- High purity gluconates and tartrates due to crystallisation process (assay: > 99%)
- Reliable particle size distribution allows good flowability GLUCOSET® G series: addition of anti-caking agent
- Very low heavy metal content (< 20 ppm)
GLUCOSET® is a technical product with intention only to be used in technical applications, therefore all components are in compliance with REACH Regulation and registered at the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA).
The REACH registration number for glucono-delta-lactone is 01-2119451153-49-0000, for tartaric acid 01-2119537204-47-0002 and sodium gluconate is exempted from REACH by means of Commission Regulation (EC) No. 987/2008 of 8 October 2008 (amending Annex IV).